Home school education is directed solely by the parent/guardian:
- No registration or sign up procedure is required.
- Parents research and select the curriculum they wish to use.
- A "packaged" curriculum is NOT provided by the State. (See organizations below to help with this process.)
- All costs associated with home school are the responsibility of the parent/guardian (textbooks, supplies, etc.).
- State funding is not available to provide assistance for home school.
This web page is intended to provide answers to frequently asked questions regarding home school in Idaho. If you are a parent/guardian considering home school, you are encouraged to contact home school organizations in Idaho or national home school organizations for assistance. The following links are offered as a courtesy to assist parents/guardians: