Vision, Mission and Goals
Vision: Establish an innovative and flexible education system that focuses on results, inspires all students and prepares them to be successful in meeting today's challenges and tomorrow's opportunities.
Mission: The Idaho State Department of Education is accountable for the success of all Idaho students. As leaders in education, we provide the expertise and technical assistance to promote educational excellence and highly effective instruction.
- Increase district and school capacity to establish and maintain a positive education
climate, with emphasis on a safe learning environment and the intellectual, physical,
social and psychological well-being of every child.
- Continue efforts to remove barriers to Certification and provide support
to those who want to enter the teaching profession.
- Increase dissemination of and accountability for research-based best practices in
teacher preparation and provision of ongoing professional development that support
- Continue efforts to provide increased pay for teachers in leadership and mentoring
- Coordinate a statewide school improvement effort for those schools needing assistance
to meet Adequate Yearly Progress goals.
- Increase the level of parental and community involvement in the education system
by seeking partnerships with and feedback from all education stakeholders.
- Focus the statewide dropout prevention efforts of all education partners to reduce
Idaho's dropout rate and increase graduation rates.
- Continue to support the establishment of public charter schools, public magnet schools
and online educational opportunities to offer parents more quality choices in the
education of their children.
- Provide timely and relevant information, technical assistance and funding to Idaho's
educators, schools, districts, students, parents, business leaders and the community,
with a focus on excellent customer service.
- Increase efficiency of data collection procedures from school districts and public
- Support efforts by school districts to consolidate services and streamline operations
to make more efficient use of taxpayer funds and direct more dollars into the classroom.