School Nurses offer a variety of services within the school setting for their community. School Nurses strive to:
- Appropriately manage health conditions holistically to enhance optimal learning conditions, removing possible obstacles, and contributing to student success.
- Utilize technology, such as video conferencing, telehealth, shared electronic medical record keeping, Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) for enhanced student success and safety.
- Engage with professional learning communities and working partners to further their education and gain an understanding of the communities they serve.
- Demonstrate evidence of impact through common data collection and analysis.
- Offer services within schools including preventative health and wellness, screenings, medication administration, first aid and emergency care, and community health fairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Department of Health and Welfare
Idaho Board of Nursing
Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
Idaho Health Districts
- District 1 (Panhandle)
- District 2 (North Central)
- District 3 (Southwest)
- District 4 (Central)
- District 5 (South Central)
- District 6 (Southeastern)
- District 7 (Eastern)
- Idaho Code 39-4801
- Idaho Code 39-4802
- IDAPA 16.02.15
- Idaho Immunization Reminder Information System (IRIS)