School Nurses offer a variety of services within the school setting for their community. School Nurses strive to:
- Appropriately manage health conditions holistically to enhance optimal learning conditions, removing possible obstacles, and contributing to student success.
- Utilize technology, such as video conferencing, telehealth, shared electronic medical record keeping, Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) for enhanced student success and safety.
- Engage with professional learning communities and working partners to further their education and gain an understanding of the communities they serve.
- Demonstrate evidence of impact through common data collection and analysis.
- Offer services within schools including preventative health and wellness, screenings, medication administration, first aid and emergency care, and community health fairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.