The Idaho State Department of Education and Discovery Education have partnered together to broaden student horizons and improve academic achievement by providing digital content to classrooms across the state. Through a unique combination of digital resources and professional development, this partnership supports educators in Idaho as they create 21st century learning environments that engage and inspire students to reach their highest potential.
Discovery Education is the leading provider of standards-based digital resources for the classroom. Discovery Education STREAMING PLUS captures the minds and imaginations of students by tapping into their natural curiosity and desire to learn.
All Idaho schools receive Discovery Education STREAMING PLUS with:
- Digital learning objects that cover all curriculum areas to meet Idaho Content Standards
- Multimedia resources like videos, high quality images, math tutorials, encyclopedia articles, and an interactive atlas
- Teacher guides, lesson plans, and writing prompts
- STEM Connect: a captivating resource connecting students to STEM curriculum and career development
Professional Development Support:
- Instructional strategies that help Idaho's teachers effectively integrate digital content in the classroom
- Access to the Discovery Educator Network (DEN), a global educator community of over 125,000 members who are enthusiastic about teaching with digital media, sharing resources and learning together