- IEN, IETA & SDE Erate Filing Letter
- Comment on Proposed Rules
- Idaho Core Standards Overview
- Idaho Core Standards - Educators Tool Box
- 2014 Annual Superintendents Conference
- Post-Legislative Tour 2014
- Smarter Balanced
- Educational Employment
- Fiscal Report Card
- Public Comments
- Evaluation Plans
- Idaho High School Wireless Project
- Sudden Death Response
- School Report Card
- Special Education
- Advanced Opportunities
- Task Force for Improving Education
- Teacher Certification
- Trustee Rezoning
- Next Practices
- Differential Pay
- Guidance on Public Record Requests
Anyone suspecting fraud, waste or abuse involving Department of Education funds or programs should call (1-800-MIS-USED) or write (firstname.lastname@example.org) the Inspector General's Hotline.
Welcome from Superintendent Sherri Ybarra
I am humbled and honored to serve Idahoans as Superintendent of Public Instruction. Education has always been my focus and passion. With nearly 20 years of experience in all phases of education — from classroom teacher, to principal, and at the administrative level, I am keenly aware of the challenges facing educating our youth today.
We must work to make our students' lives better. Let's build upon success. Let's build upon Idaho's excellent schools, and renew our long standing commitment to helping schools and students flourish. Coming from the heart of education, I understand the importance of service, compassion, kindness, and most importantly how much a quality education ensures a bright economy and future for all of Idaho's children. That is why our new vision: Supporting schools and students to achieve, will be the foundation for everything we do. That vision will help to renew our enthusiasm for education in Idaho public schools.
At the state level we will help to distribute, inform, and clarify state and federal policies and laws. The Idaho Department of Education is dedicated to serving and providing common-sense leadership, support, and resources to educators across the state, to help reinforce higher standards for academic excellence for our students in the 21st century.
Thank you for your support of Idaho public schools.
Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Superintendent Offers Congratulations for Broadband Service 2.25.15
- SDE Provides Assistance to School Districts for Broadband Access 2.17.15
- Superintendent Ybarra Proposes Plan to Reinforce Ties to IESDB
- Superintendent Ybarra Recommends Historic $87.3 Million Budget
- Service, Support and Outreach Priorities for Department of Education
- Department Publishes List of Child Care Centers, Family Day Care Homes with Food Programs
- Kelly Everitt Joins State Department of Education Communications Team
For More Latest News or Current Releases Click Here »