Students and Parents
The purpose of ACCUPLACER tests is to provide you with useful information about your academic skills in math, English, and reading. The results of the assessment, in conjunction with your academic background, goals, and interests, are used by academic advisors and counselors to determine your course selection.
You cannot "pass" or "fail" the placement tests, but it is very important that you do your very best on these tests so that you will have an accurate measure of your academic skills.
1. Diagnostic Test
- Idaho public school Juniors test
- Diagnostic drill down to the student’s strengths and weaknesses and will help inform senior year placement into classes.
2. Placement Test
- Optional for Idaho public school seniors who took the Diagnostic test in their junior year.
- Assists to determine if a student is prepared to enter subject area college level courses, or if that student will need remediation.
- Juniors/students that do not meet the College and Career/Post-secondary and Workforce benchmark on the SAT.
Important: Seniors that opt to take the Placement Test can do so paid for by the State. Seniors that took the Diagnostic test also have the option of taking the SAT on November 3, 2012 National Testing School Day. If they miss this date and would still like to take the SAT, they will have to do so on their own accord.
There is not a specific need for students to pre-register, however pre-registration is recommended if the Site Manager knows there will be twenty or more students. Walk-in students do not need to be pre-registered.
Educators and Counselors
- Idaho Monthly Overview for SAT School-Day and ACCUPLACER (11-13 final) (.pdf/357K)
- Pre Registration Template (.xls/30.5K)
- ACCUPLACER FAQ (.pdf/242K)
- ACCUPLACER Roll Out Instructions (.pdf/354K)
- ACCUPLACER Test Center Intake Form (.xlsx/52K)
- Steps to administer ACCUPLACER test vouchers (.pdf/356K)
- Steps to administer ACCUPLACER test walk-ins (.pdf/279K)
Julius Jones –212.713.8020 or firstname.lastname@example.org