This is an exciting time for Idaho's mathematics educators. With the adoption of
the Common Core State Standards [CCSS], Idaho will build on the research and evidence
of the last two decades and move towards preparing Idaho students to be college
and career ready.
These standards aren't a move towards reforming mathematics education; these standards
are a move towards transforming mathematics education.
Significant changes will occur in instruction, curriculum, and assessment. Quality
implementation is key.
What you will notice about these standards:
- Committed to college and career readiness
- Based on evidence of what students need at each step along the way to be college
and career ready
- Honest about the time required to teach a concept with depth
- K-5 — focus on number and operation
- K-7 — graded ramp up to algebra through fractions, ratios and proportional
- 6-8 — rich hands on work with ratios, geometry, statistics and probability
- HS — rigorous algebra, geometry, modeling, statistics and probability
- — emphasis throughout on problem solving, quantitative reasoning, and modeling
Common Core State Standards Mathematics
Instructional Materials and Resources
Professional Development Resources
What's on the Test: Smarter-Balanced Assessment Consortium
Sample Items and Performance Tasks