Eastern Idaho Capstone for Idaho Science and Aerospace Scholars
Center for Advanced Energy Studies
Monday, June 8, 2015
This will be an all-day event.
- Explore size, distance and trajectories in space, including potential missions in the future with graduate students from the Center for Space Nuclear Research
- Learn about the fundamentals of nuclear processes (including fission and radioactive decay) and application to power sources and propulsion in space.
- Explore rocketry and performance and participate in a rocket launch.
- Do hands-on physics with Professor Steve Shropshire from Idaho State University.
- Tour Idaho National Laboratory's robotics labs and meet with scientists and programmers working on autonomous robots.
- Experience the CAVE, an immersive visualization environment used for modeling and simulation.
- Be honored at a VIP luncheon
- Receive your Idaho Science and Aerospace Scholars Certificate
995 University Blvd.
Idaho Falls, ID 83415
INL's map to CAES. It's labeled "A" on the map.
View Larger Map
- Provide ISAS students with a deeper appreciation of Idaho STEM opportunities in higher education, industry, and government;
- Connect ISAS students to programs and professionals to help students continue their exploration of STEM careers;
- Provide a forum for ISAS students to meet face to face and to celebrate student learning gained from the online STEM course.