The Student Engagement & Postsecondary Readiness team is comprised of a range of programs and services designed to foster and establish optimal conditions for learning and readiness for college and career. This includes addressing barriers to postsecondary education, toxic school climates, suicide, dropout, habituation to low expectations and delinquency during, and after, school hours. These issues are significant impediments to student success throughout K-12 and beyond. The goals for this team include:
- Providing advanced opportunities for Idaho students.
- Establishing and communicating high standards and expectations for all students.
- Increasing student participation in social, recreational and academic enrichment activities.
- Cultivating supportive and healthy learning environments.
- Imbedding high levels of family and community involvement in school activities.
- Expanding opportunities for low-income and minority students to build skills and plan for postsecondary education.
- Creating the norm that all students consider postsecondary education as a viable option.
- Enacting student-centered and data-driven decision making.
- Integrating measures that cultivate healthy school / community partnerships.