If new certificates and endorsements need to be added to an existing Idaho credential, revisions can be made at any time during the five (5)-year period of the credential. A completed application or written request specifying the revision to be made must be accompanied by a $25 revision fee. Official transcripts supporting the revision must also be sent, if not already on file. Revisions related to Administrator, Pupil Personnel Services, and Exceptional Child Certificates require Institutional Recommendations, verification of experience, and verification of competencies as required.
If revisions or additions to an Idaho credential are requested at the time the credential is being renewed, the revisions or additions can be made at no cost, provided the applicant meets current standards.
Notice: Regarding Adding Endorsements to Idaho Certificates. The Idaho State Department of Education no longer conducts transcript evaluations to determine endorsement eligibility.
Please Click Here for more information.
1) Completed and signed application ( Form B1 - Application for an Initial, Reinstatement, Revision or Interim Idaho Certificate/Credential) (or a written request).
Revision Fee - $25
Checks and money orders are to be made payable to State Department of Education. Credit cards are not accepted. Payment is non-refundable. Cash in exact amount will be accepted for walk-ins.
2) Official transcripts supporting the revision, if not already on file.
3) Institutional Recommendations required
|Form B2 for EC/ECSE, Elementary, Secondary, Exceptional Child or Pupil Personnel Services|
|Form B3 for Pre-K-12 School Principals|
|Form B4 for School Superintendents|
|Form B5 for Directors of Special Education|
|Form B8 for Consulting Teacher of Special Education|
|Form B9 for Supervisor of Special Education|
Applicants for an Administrator Certificate are required to verify a minimum of four (4) years of certificated experience in a K-12 setting.
4) Completed Professional Experience Report (if required) Professional experience gained while holding a teaching certificate is the only experience accepted. Experience gained while student teaching and/or substituting is not accepted ( Form B6 Professional Experience Report).
5) Official Praxis II assessment score sheet or notarized photocopy. (if required)
Upon completion of the above-noted items and verification that all requirements for the certificate or endorsement are met, the applicant will receive a revised certificate/credential.
Mail completed application materials to:
State Department of Education
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027