2022 Holiday Card Contest
The annual holiday card contest is an opportunity for Idaho students to showcase their creativity and for the state to recognize the importance of arts in education. The contest is open to all Idaho public school students in grades K-6.
Idaho public school students in kindergarten through sixth grade are invited to submit artwork for the State Department of Education’s 2022 Holiday Card Contest.
The contest is open to all Idaho public school students in grades K-6. One drawing will be selected to be published on the State Department of Education’s website and used as the Department’s holiday greeting card. The student who submits the selected artwork will receive cards for his or her own use. The Department also awards grade-level winners.
Holiday artwork for the contest must be submitted or postmarked by Friday, Nov. 11, 2022.
2021 Holiday Card Contest Winners
- Oliver Hedrick
- 5th Grade
- Siena Elementary School
- West Ada School District
6th GRADE WINNER
- Birklee Burtenshaw
- Terreton Elementary
- West Jefferson School District
4th GRADE WINNER
- Sam Green
- Bryan Elementary
- Coeur d’Alene School District
3rd GRADE WINNER
- Liam Clifford
- Borah Elementary
- Coeur d’Alene School District
2nd GRADE WINNER
- Alayna Belnap
- Ammon Elementary
- Bonneville Joint School District
1st GRADE WINNER
- Sri Avanthika
- Collister Elementary
- Boise School District
- Alyse Arial
- Alturas Elementary
- Blaine County School District
Please read these guidelines before submitting. We will not accept photography, videos, or digitally made entries. Please hand draw the entry and then scan it. Submit as a PDF. Entries not submitted in PDF format will not be accepted.
- Drawings should reflect holiday or winter scenes in Idaho appropriate for seasonal correspondence, and should not include copyrighted images such as Garfield the Cat, Bugs Bunny, etc.
- Drawings should be 11" x 8.5"
- Drawings must be properly labeled. Write the name of the student, the student's grade, district, school, and the teachers’ name on the back of the artwork. If you submit multiple grade levels, please keep the entries for each grade level separate.
- Students may use as many colors as they wish in their drawings and may use watercolors, colored paper, magic markers, crayons, or some combination. Students are encouraged to completely fill the page but keep the design simple. Too many details tend to get lost in the design. Bold colors work best. Fabric designs and pencil drawings are not suitable to our printing process and will not be selected. This includes colored pencils.
- Students must be advised that entry into this contest constitutes 1. a waiver of all copyrights students have in their entries, and 2. permission to republish entries without compensation.
- Drawings will not be returned.
- The winning entries from each grade level will be published on the Idaho State Department of Education website.
- Results will be announced in December.
Submissions must be received by Friday, November 11, 2022. Please mail to:
Idaho State Department of Education
Attn: Taylor Baggerly
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0027