The purpose of this statement is to inform the users of this website about the collection and use of personally identifiable information.
Information Automatically Collected
The information below is collected and stored automatically from all users who browse the Idaho State Department of Education (SDE) website:
- The Internet Protocol address and Internet domain from which you used to access our site
- The browser and operating system used when visiting our site
- The date and time you accessed our site
- The pages you visited
- The address of a website you used to get to our website
None of the information above will personally identify you. The information above is used to analyze how we can make our website better for our users.
Information Collected with your Permission
If you contact us through email, through one of our online forms, a survey, or through a submission on one of our portals, that information will be used to respond to your request.
- Email addresses obtained as a result of electronic communication to the SDE will not be sold or distributed (Idaho Code §74-120).
- If you subscribe to a newsletter or any other updates about our department, you may unsubscribe at any time.
- Any email inquiry or correspondence sent to the SDE may become a public record and may be subject to disclosure under Idaho Code §74-101, et. seq.
The SDE is committed to data and network security and quality web services. We have taken reasonable precautions to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, or alteration.
The SDE uses Google Analytics to understand how our visitors use our site. Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to measure how visitors navigate pages. Google Analytics does not store personally identifiable information. For further information, please view Google’s Terms of Service.
Links to Other Websites
Various external web links may be provided on the SDE website. Such links are provided as a convenience and the SDE does not make any representations or warranties concerning the privacy protections or security of those websites.
Your comments and questions help us to serve you better. We hope your visit is rewarding and worthwhile. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email the Idaho State Department of Education Communications Director Scott Graf.