The State Department of Education (SDE) Broadband Program is responsible for reimbursing Idaho’s E-rate eligible entities for the remaining portion of eligible broadband costs after their E-rate discount is applied. Reimbursement methodology is determined by the Broadband Program and the Education Opportunity Resource Committee.
The Broadband Program compiles and analyzes broadband utilization data from entities receiving reimbursement for broadband services. This analysis is used to forecast budget requests and help entities determine their broadband needs.
Make an Appointment to Discuss Broadband and E-rate!
Do you have questions about broadband funding, E-rate filings, or the Broadband Reimbursement Program? Please click below to schedule a call, and subscribe to the newsletter for important reminders and updates!
How To Receive State Reimbursement for Broadband Invoices
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your LEA’s OneDrive link.
- Please include your name, LEA name, and phone number.
- Please provide invoices through May 2022. Your June invoice will be proactively reimbursed based on the January-May invoice amounts.
- Deadline to submit June 15th, 2022 (billed for time period 7/1/2021 - 6/30/2022). Invoices received any later may not be processed in time for the 6/30/2022 cutoff.
Read more about E-rate, State, and ECF reimbursements here.
Idaho Code §33-910(1) created the Broadband Infrastructure Improvement Grant (BIIG) Fund. Monies from this fund are available to be distributed by SDE to provide state matching funds for eligible special construction projects to deploy new fiber (or fiber-equivalent) for high-speed broadband.
As of January 13th, 2022, the Education Opportunity Resource Committee is comprised of the following individuals in each role as listed in Idaho Code §33-5603:
- Chris Campbell
- Representative of State Board of Education
- Committee Chairman
- Chief Technology Officer
- Daniel Vogt
- Designee of the State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Committee Vice-Chair
- E-rate and Broadband Program Coordinator
- Shawn Tiegs
- Superintendent representing small schools (Fewer than 1,000 students)
- Nez Perce School District #302
- David Carson
- Superintendent representing medium schools (Between 1,000 and 4,999 students)
- Buhl School District #412
- Scott Wolstenhume
- Superintendent representing large schools (5,000 students or greater)
- Bonneville School District #93
- Stephanie Bailey-White
- State Librarian
- Idaho Commission for Libraries
- Seth Deniston
- IETA Appointee #1
- Director of Technology at Coeur d’Alene School District #271
- Destry Jones
- IETA Appointee #2
- Assistant Superintendent, Director of Technology at Firth School District #59
2021-2022 EORC Open Meetings
Thursday, January 13, 2022 (Agenda)
Tuesday, March 30, 2021 (Minutes)
Monday, November 16, 2020 (Minutes)
Wednesday, June 24, 2020 (Minutes)
Thursday, June 11, 2020 (Minutes)