Teacher Appreciation Toolkit
At the State Department of Education, teachers are the heart of our mission. Teachers help us find our voice, focus our interests, overcome obstacles, turn dreams into reality and succeed in the classroom and in life. Now more than ever we see that teachers are a cornerstone in our society. COVID-19 has disrupted teachers’ important work, but in the midst of a pandemic, Idaho teachers persevere in engaging students and providing education and services in new and innovative ways. For Teacher Appreciation Week 2020 (May 4-8), we hope you’ll join us in raising a ruckus for Idaho teachers and showing them how appreciated they are! However you celebrate a teacher this Teacher Appreciation Week, make sure to share on social media with the hashtag #ThankIdahoTeachers or post in our “Celebrate Idaho Teachers” Facebook group!
Here are some ideas for recognizing teachers:
- Mail a homemade card/letter to a favorite teacher, or send an e-card to their email
- Create sidewalk art or decorate your window for a teacher, take a picture and post to social media
- Take a selfie or film a video for a teacher and post to social media
- Support a local business and buy a gift/gift card to send to a teacher
- Nominate an amazing teacher for Idaho Teacher of the Year
For your social media posts, make sure to share in our “Celebrate Idaho Teachers” Facebook group, use the hashtag #ThankIdahoTeachers, and tag a special teacher!