- IEN, IETA & SDE Erate Filing Letter
- Comment on Proposed Rules
- Idaho Core Standards Overview
- Idaho Core Standards - Educators Tool Box
- 2014 Annual Superintendents Conference
- Post-Legislative Tour 2014
- Smarter Balanced
- Educational Employment
- Fiscal Report Card
- Public Comments
- Evaluation Plans
- Idaho High School Wireless Project
- Sudden Death Response
- School Report Card
- Special Education
- Advanced Opportunities
- Task Force for Improving Education
- Teacher Certification
- Trustee Rezoning
- Next Practices
- Differential Pay
- Guidance on Public Record Requests
Anyone suspecting fraud, waste or abuse involving Department of Education funds or programs should call (1-800-MIS-USED) or write (email@example.com) the Inspector General's Hotline.
Welcome from Superintendent Sherri Ybarra
I am humbled and honored to serve Idahoans as Superintendent of Public Instruction. Education has always been my focus and passion. With nearly 20 years of experience in all phases of education — from classroom teacher, to principal, and at the administrative level, I am keenly aware of the challenges facing educating our youth today.
We must work to make our students' lives better. Let's build upon success. Let's build upon Idaho's excellent schools, and renew our long standing commitment to helping schools and students flourish. Coming from the heart of education, I understand the importance of service, compassion, kindness, and most importantly how much a quality education ensures a bright economy and future for all of Idaho's children. That is why our new vision: Supporting schools and students to achieve, will be the foundation for everything we do. That vision will help to renew our ethusiasm for education in Idaho public schools.
At the state level we will help to distribute, inform, and clarify state and federal policies and laws. The Idaho Department of Education is dedicated to serving and providing common-sense leadership, support, and resources to educators across the state, to help reinforce higher standards for academic excellence for our students in the 21st century.
Thank you for your support of Idaho public schools.
Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Kelly Everitt Joins State Department of Education Communications Team
- Superintendent Ybarra Responds To Need For More Operational Funding For Districts
- Governor's Budget Recommendation & Superintendent Request Comparsion
- Committee Reviews More Than 33,000 Test Questions
- 5 Districts Receive Grant Funding for New Technology and Equipment
- 18 Schools Receive Nearly $177,000 for New Lunch Equipment
- Grants for Afterschool Programs Now Available
- Centurylink to Award $30,000 in Technology Grants to Idaho Teachers
- Idaho Industry Honors Idaho Teachers with INDEEDS Award
- Prairie Elementary Recognized as National Blue Ribbon School
- Department to Hold Public Hearing on Proposed Rules
For More Latest News or Current Releases Click Here »