The Certification department at the Idaho State Department of Education has a strong commitment to high standards for all school personnel. Our mission is to support districts and education professionals to promote the success of all Idaho students by striving for educational excellence and highly effective instruction.
Background Investigation Policy
- IMPORTANT: Background Investigation Policy Memo
Master Teacher Premium
- To learn more about the Master Teacher Premium Plan, Review Template, and FAQs, visit the State Board of Education website.
- In an effort to simplify, several Institutional Recommendation forms have been made into one.
Professional Endorsement Application
- To verify the completion of components required for Professional Endorsement, please use Form P1. This form can also be found in the resource files below.
- Professional Endorsement District/Charter Guidance. This guidance can also be found in the resource files below.
Past Job Performance Requests
- To request Verification of Certificate Status, refer to the Idaho Code §33-1210 Past Job Performance Requests form.
Applying for Educator Certification
There are numerous ways to obtain a certificate in Idaho such as reinstatement, renewal, or transfers from out-of-state. Please view the Applying for Educator Certification page for descriptions on all of the application options.
Important: June through October is a busy time of the year. Please allow 9 - 11 weeks for all certification applications to be processed during this time.
- Form B1 – Initial/Reinstatement/Revision or Interim Certificate/Credential
- Form B1-A – Alternative Authorization or Interim Certificate/Credential
- Form B1-R – Renewal of a CURRENT Certificate/Credential
- Form B6 – Professional Experience Report
- Form B7 – Verification of Completion of Equivalent In-Service
- Form B13 – Verification of College-University Course Content Approval for Recertification
- Form P1 – Professional Endorsement Application
- Institutional Recommendation for an Idaho Education Credential Form
- Professional Endorsement District Charter Guidance