National School Lunch & Breakfast Programs
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is a federally assisted meal program operating in public, nonprofit private schools, and residential child care institutions. It provides nutritionally balanced, low-cost, or free lunches to children each school day. The program was established under the National School Lunch Act, signed by President Harry Truman in 1946. In addition, sponsors of NSLP may also choose to offer School Breakfast and the After School Snack Programs. The Special Milk Program is available for children who do not have access to lunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.
2017-2018 NSLP Monthly Webinars
Transcripts for posted recording are available upon request.
- August 17, 2017| (PDF Format)
- September 21, 2017
- October 19, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- December 21, 2017
- January 18, 2018
- February 15, 2018
- March 15, 2018
- April 19, 2018
- May 17, 2018
If you are interested in previous year's Monthly Webinars, please view the Archives.
6 Cent Verification Webcasts
- Certification Tool Demonstration
- Certification Tool Demonstration - All Meals Tab
- Certification Tool Demonstration - Daily Tabs
- Certification Tool Demonstration - Simplified Nutrient Assessment
- Certification Tool Demonstration - Vegetable Bar Tab
- Certification Tool Demonstration - Weekly Reports
- Meal Pattern Requirements
- Orientation to the Certification Tool