National School Lunch & Breakfast Programs
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is a federally assisted meal program operating in public, nonprofit private schools, and residential child care institutions. It provides nutritionally balanced, low-cost, or free lunches to children each school day. The program was established under the National School Lunch Act, signed by President Harry Truman in 1946. In addition, sponsors of NSLP may also choose to offer School Breakfast and the After School Snack Programs. The Special Milk Program is available for children who do not have access to lunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.
2018-2019 NSLP Monthly Webinars
- September 20, 2018 NSLP Webinar | (PDF Format)
- November 15, 2018 NSLP Webinar | (PDF Format)
- December 20, 2018 3:00 PM MST
- January 17, 2019 3:00 PM MST
- February 21, 2019 3:00 PM MST
- March 21, 2019 3:00 PM MDT
- April 18, 2019 3:00 PM MDT
- May 16, 2019 3:00 PM MDT
The NSLP Webinar is held the third Thursday of every month:
If you are interested in previous year's Monthly Webinars, please view the Archives.
6 Cent Verification Webcasts
- Certification Tool Demonstration
- Certification Tool Demonstration - All Meals Tab
- Certification Tool Demonstration - Daily Tabs
- Certification Tool Demonstration - Simplified Nutrient Assessment
- Certification Tool Demonstration - Vegetable Bar Tab
- Certification Tool Demonstration - Weekly Reports
- Meal Pattern Requirements
- Orientation to the Certification Tool