Funding & Fiscal Accountability
Each year, the SDE receives noncompetitive and competitive grants authorized through the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Certification of Low Income Student Count for Charter Schools - Due March 20, 2017
Federal Programs Receiving Grants
After setting aside necessary and allowable reservations for state administration and other state-level activities (as described in the ESSA), the SDE allocates the remainder of grants as flow-through sub awards to Idaho school districts and Local Education Agencies (LEAs).
The following programs receive these grants:
- Title I, Part A - Improving Basic Programs
- Title I, Part A (Sec. 1003) - School Improvement
- Title I, Part C - Education of Migratory Children
- Title I, Part D - Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children and Youth who are Neglected, Delinquent, or at Risk
- Title II, Part A - Supporting Effective Instruction
- Title III - Language Instruction for English Learners and Immigrant Students
- Title V, (Sec. 5003) - Rural Education Initiative
- Title IX - Education for the Homeless
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.