Interim Certificate for Foreign Educators
The application process below is intended for individuals applying for a certificate in Idaho who have completed an educator preparation program in another country and hold a valid teaching credential.
A complete application must include the following items:
- Checks and money orders are to be made payable to the State Department of Education (SDE)
- Credit cards are not accepted at this time
- Payment is non-refundable
- Cash in the exact amount will be accepted for walk-ins
- Please include translation, if available.
Documentation may include:
- Certificated Experience Report
- Letter(s) of recommendation from out-of-country educational agency
- Teacher Evaluations
Applicants from a foreign country applying for an Idaho certificate must provide a written evaluation from an AICE or NACES approved organization that is qualified to evaluate foreign credentials and transcripts. This written evaluation must verify an academic equivalency to American-based education, including a course-by-course transcript summary.
Mail complete packet to:
State Department of Education
Attn: Teacher Certification
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.