Reinstatement of an Idaho Certificate
This application is for individuals who want to reestablish an expired five (5)-year Idaho certificate. A non-renewable, three (3)-year Interim Certificate may be issued to the applicant who holds an expired five (5)-year Idaho certificate. During the validity period of the three (3)-year Interim Certificate, the applicant must meet all requirements listed for the specific certificate and endorsement areas to apply for a five (5)-year renewable certificate.
Important: : It is recommended that all individuals applying for reinstatement have a position secured ahead of being issued a three (3)-year Interim Certificate as the applicant MUST be an Idaho teacher of record in order to ensure that two (2)-years of positive evaluations can be completed.
A complete packet must include the following items:
- Checks and money order are to be made payable to the Idaho Department of Education
- Credit cards are not accepted at this time
- Payment is non-refundable
- Cash in the exact amount will be accepted for walk-ins
Mail complete packet to:
Idaho Department of Education
Attn: Teacher Certification
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027
Once the application is complete and processed:
When the application packet is completed and processed, the applicant will be issued an Interim Certificate valid for three (3) years, expiring August 31 of the appropriate year.
While the applicant has the three (3)-year Interim Certificate, to qualify for the five (5)-year renewable certificate, the applicant must:
- Provide written summative evaluations verifying two (2) years of successful certificated experience in Idaho K-12 schools completed during the three (3) year validity period of the Interim Certificate
- Provide evidence of annual progress on specific goals identified on an Individualized Professional Learning Plan (IPLP)
- Provide completion of six (6) credit renewal requirement
- Complete specific conditions listed on the interim certificate applicable to the endorsement area
Once all conditions have been met, apply as an Interim Certificate Completer to receive a five(5)-year renewable Idaho certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.
No content available.