Interim Certificate for Foreign Educators
Fingerprinting Fee Reduction
- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: SUBMIT FINGERPRINT CARD WITH NEW FEE OF $32.00.
- IMPORTANT: Fingerprint cards and fees submitted with the wrong amount will be returned delaying the processing of the fingerprint card.
The application process below is intended for individuals applying for a certificate in Idaho who have completed an educator preparation program in another country.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to have all required certification materials submitted together in one packet. An applicant who carefully prepares their application packet using the following guidelines will receive their certificate in the least amount of time. An application will not be evaluated until all materials have been received.
A complete packet must include the following items:
1. Completed and signed application Form B1.
2. Application Fee.
- The fee is $75.
- Checks and money orders are to be made payable to the State Department of Education. Credit Cards are not accepted at this time. Payment is non-refundable. Cash in the exact amount will be accepted for walk-ins.
3. Completed fingerprint card.
- The fee is $32.00
- Please send an email to email@example.com with your mailing address to obtain an Idaho State Department of Education fingerprint card, or visit us at 650 W. State St, Second Floor, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm to pick one up. You must fingerprint on an Idaho SDE fingerprint card.
- Once you receive the fingerprint packet, take it to your local police department or sheriff’s office and have your prints rolled on the card. Please also have them fill out the necessary forms that go with it.
- The Idaho certificate will not be issued until the results of the background investigation check are received from the BCI/FBI.
One check or money order of $107.00 for both the Application Fee and Background Check fee is acceptable.
4. Copy of out of country credential/certificate/license with translation (if available).
5. Documentation of teaching experience.
6. Written evaluation of foreign credential and transcripts
- Applicants from a foreign country applying for an Idaho certificate must provide a written evaluation from an approved organization or commercial company that is qualified to evaluate foreign credentials and transcripts. This written evaluation must verify an academic equivalency to American-based education, including a course-by-course transcript summary.
Mail completed application materials to:
State Department of Education
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.