Interim Certificate for Foreign Educators
The application process below is intended for individuals applying for a certificate in Idaho who have completed an educator preparation program in another country.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to have all required certification materials submitted together in one packet. An applicant who carefully prepares their application packet using the following guidelines will receive their certificate in the least amount of time. An application will not be evaluated until all materials have been received.
A complete packet must include the following items:
1. Completed and signed Idaho Educator Certification Application.
2. Application Fee.
- The fee is $75.00.
- Checks and money orders are to be made payable to the State Department of Education. Credit Cards are not accepted at this time. Payment is non-refundable. Cash in the exact amount will be accepted for walk-ins.
3. Completed Idaho State Department of Education fingerprint card. For information regarding the fingerprinting process visit the Background Investigation Check page
4. Copy of out of country credential/certificate/license with translation (if available).
5. Documentation of teaching experience.
6. Written evaluation of foreign credential and transcripts
- Applicants from a foreign country applying for an Idaho certificate must provide a written evaluation from an approved organization or commercial company that is qualified to evaluate foreign credentials and transcripts. This written evaluation must verify an academic equivalency to American-based education, including a course-by-course transcript summary.
Mail completed application materials to:
State Department of Education
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.