Initial Certificate for Postsecondary Specialist
Fingerprinting Fee Reduction
- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: SUBMIT FINGERPRINT CARD WITH NEW FEE OF $32.00.
- IMPORTANT: Fingerprint cards and fees submitted with the wrong amount will be returned delaying the processing of the fingerprint card.
This application process below is for those individuals who hold a master's degree or higher in a content area and are employed as a current faculty member in that content area. Separation from the employing university shall invalidate the certificate.
The primary use of this state-issued certificate shall be for distance education, "virtual classroom" programs, and for public and postsecondary partnerships.
A complete packet must include the following items:
1. Completed and signed application Form B1.
2. Application Fee.
- The fee is $75.
- Checks and money orders are to be made payable to the State Department of Education. Credit Cards are not accepted at this time. Payment is non-refundable. Cash in the exact amount will be accepted for walk-ins.
3. Completed fingerprint card.
- The fee is $32.00
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address to obtain an Idaho State Department of Education fingerprint card, or visit us at 650 W. State St, Second Floor, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm to pick one up. You must fingerprint on an Idaho SDE fingerprint card.
- Once you receive the fingerprint packet, take it to your local police department or sheriff’s office and have your prints rolled on the card. Please also have them fill out the necessary forms that go with it.
- The Idaho certificate will not be issued until the results of the background investigation check are received from the BCI/FBI.
One check or money order of $107.00 for both the Application Fee and Background Check fee is acceptable.
4. Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- All transcripts need to be included with your application packet.
- Grade reports, faxed material, copies, placement files or other unofficial transcripts are not acceptable for certification.
- Official transcripts may be opened by the applicant as long as they are printed on the institution's original security paper.
- If you are requesting that your university send your electronic transcripts directly to us, please note that on your application and put in the transcript request after we have received your application.
5. University Recommendation from the accredited employing postsecondary institution
- Recommendation must be signed by the faculty's college dean.
- The letter should indicate the candidate is employed as a current faculty member from an accredited Idaho postsecondary institution and the content area for which they are qualified to teach. Separation from the employing university shall invalidate the certificate.
Upon completion of the above-noted items and verification that all requirements for certification are met, the applicant qualifies for a standard Idaho certificate/credential issued for five (5) years.
Mail completed application materials to:
State Department of Education
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.
No content available.