Reinstatement of an Idaho Certificate
Fingerprinting Fee Reduction
- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: SUBMIT FINGERPRINT CARD WITH NEW FEE OF $32.00.
- IMPORTANT: Fingerprint cards and fees submitted with the wrong amount will be returned delaying the processing of the fingerprint card.
The process below is for individuals who hold an Idaho certificate that has expired. A non-renewable, three (3) year interim certificate may be issued to an applicant reinstating his/her expired Idaho certificate. During the time that you hold the three (3) year interim certificate, you must meet all requirements listed for the specific certificate and endorsement(s).
If the applicant meets all of the current certificate/endorsement requirements, a renewable five (5)-year certificate may be issued.
A complete packet must include the following items:
1. Completed and signed application Form B1.
2. Application Fee.
- The fee is $75.
- Checks and money orders are to be made payable to the State Department of Education. Credit Cards are not accepted at this time. Payment is non-refundable. Cash in the exact amount will be accepted for walk-ins.
3. Completed fingerprint card.
- The fee is $32.00
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address to obtain an Idaho State Department of Education fingerprint card, or visit us at 650 W. State St, Second Floor, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm to pick one up. You must fingerprint on an Idaho SDE fingerprint card.
- Once you receive the fingerprint packet, take it to your local police department or sheriff’s office and have your prints rolled on the card. Please also have them fill out the necessary forms that go with it.
- The Idaho certificate will not be issued until the results of the background investigation check are received from the BCI/FBI.
One check or money order of $107.00 for both the Application Fee and Background Check fee is acceptable.
Once you complete the items above:
When your packet is completed and all requirements for a certificate is received and the fingerprinting/criminal history background check is completed, the applicant will be issued an interim certificate valid for three (3) years expiring August 31 of the appropriate year.
While the applicant has the interim certificate, to get a valid five (5)-year credential, you must:
- Meet current standards for the certificate(s) and endorsement(s) requested. All deficiencies noted on the interim certificate must be completed before the renewable five (5)-year initial Idaho certificate/credential will be granted.
- You will need to turn in a new application, fee, and documentation to obtain the five (5)-year credential.
Mail completed application materials to:
State Department of Education
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.
No content available.