Revision of an Idaho Certificate
This application is for individuals who hold a five (5)-year renewable Idaho certificate and are seeking to add new certificate(s) and/or endorsement(s).
If revisions or additions to an Idaho credential are requested at the time the credential is being renewed, the revisions or additions can be made at no cost, provided the applicant meets current standards.
A complete application must include the following items:
- Checks and money orders are to be made payable to the State Department of Education (SDE)
- Credit cards are not accepted at this time
- Payment is non-refundable
- Cash in the exact amount will be accepted for walk-ins
- Official transcripts must verify new certification and endorsement areas
- Official transcripts may be opened by the applicant as long as they are printed on the institution’s original security paper
- Please include transcripts with your packet in order to expedite the processing of your application
- If transcripts are not included with your packet, please note in your application whether you are sending them electronically or by mail
- Transcripts will not be accepted until two weeks after the application is received as we cannot link them to your application until it is received
- Official transcripts sent electronically/faxed directly from the university/college are acceptable
- The university/college may send electronic transcripts directly to email@example.com
Applicants seeking to add a School Nurse, Occupational or Physical Therapist, or Speech-Language Pathologist endorsement are not required to submit an Institutional Recommendation form.
- Form must be completed by the appropriate official from the College of Education at the applicant’s university/college
- Form must verify completion of an:
- Idaho Certification Program
- Out-of-State NCATE/TEAC/CAEP accredited program
For applicants seeking to add an Administrator Certificate:
- Professional experience gained while holding a certificate is the only experience accepted. Experience gained while student teaching and/or substitute teaching is not accepted
- Applicants for an Administrator Certificate are required to verify a minimum of four (4) years of full time certificated experience working with Pre-K-12 students while under contract in an accredited school setting
Mail complete packet to:
State Department of Education
Attn: Teacher Certification
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.