Interim Certificate for School Nurse or Speech Language Pathologist
The three (3)-year Interim Certificate for School Nurse (SN) or Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) allows the candidate to serve as a School Nurse or Speech Language Pathologist while simultaneously completing the requirements to qualify for the five (5)-year, renewable Pupil Personnel Services certificate.
Applicants for the School Nurse endorsement should hold a current, valid Registered Nurse (RN) license with the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses. Applicants for the Speech Language Pathologist endorsement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Speech Language Pathology.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to have all required certification materials submitted together in one packet. An applicant who carefully prepares their application packet using the following guidelines will receive their certificate in the least amount of time. An application will not be evaluated until all materials have been received.
A complete packet must include the following items:
1. Completed and signed Idaho Educator Certification Application.
2. Application Fee.
- The fee is $75.00.
- Checks and money orders are to be made payable to the State Department of Education. Credit Cards are not accepted at this time. Payment is non-refundable. Cash in the exact amount will be accepted for walk-ins.
3. Completed Idaho State Department of Education fingerprint card. For information regarding the fingerprinting process visit the Background Investigation Check page
4. For School Nurse – Copy of the Registered Nurse (RN) license and official transcript.
- If your state does not issue hard copy certificates, include a copy printed from its website verifying your certification. This copy does not need to be notarized.
5. For Speech Language Pathologist – Official college/university transcripts of the Bachelor’s in Speech Language Pathology.
When all required documents for a certificate are received and the fingerprinting/criminal history background investigation check is completed, the applicant will be issued an interim certificate valid for three (3) years, a cycle beginning September 1 of the year issued, unless otherwise specified, and expiring August 31 of the appropriate year. The applicant is then eligible to work in an Idaho school in the certificated/endorsed area indicated on the interim certificate.
Mail completed application materials to:
State Department of Education
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.
No content available.