Funding & Fiscal Accountability
ANNUAL STATE APPLICATION UNDER PART B OF THE
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES EDUCATION ACT AS AMENDED IN 2004
FOR FEDERAL FISCAL YEAR 2020
CFDA No. 84.027A and 84.173A
Idaho receives grants each year under Section 611 of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The amount of that state allocation determined is outlined in the IDEA regulations.
After setting aside necessary and allowable amounts for state administration and other state-level activities (as described in 34 CFR §300.704(b)), the State Department of Education (SDE) gives the remainder of the grant as flow-through subawards to Idaho school districts and Local Education Agencies (LEAs).
In addition to the IDEA Part B funds that may be used to provide special education and related services to children ages 3-21, Idaho receives an annual Preschool grant under Section 619 of IDEA. This is a smaller grant that may only be used to provide special education and related services to children ages 3-5. Although this grant allows for certain amounts to be set aside for state administration and other state-level activities, Idaho has historically flowed 100% of the award through to LEAs. The LEA funding formula for Preschool allocations is found at 34 CFR §300.816.
The period of availability for both IDEA grants is from July 1st of the award year until September 30th two years subsequent.
For additional documents, click the appropriate + sign below to open a dropdown list.
Funding and Fiscal Accountability
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers, click the appropriate + sign below.
COVID-19 Related Q&As
- 2021-2022 Economically Disadvantaged Data Collection Round Table Discussion webinar | (Powerpoint Version) | Q&A
- 2021-2022 Economically Disadvantaged Data Collection webinar for Charter LEAs
- 2021-2022 Economically Disadvantaged Data Collection webinar for Traditional LEAs
- Data Collection for Charters 2022-2023
- Data Collection for Districts 2022-2023
IDEA Application Information
- American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) IDEA Part B Supplemental Funds Webinar (July 29, 2021) | Powerpoint Version | Webinar Q&A
- Local Education Agency (LEA) Maintenance of Effort (MOE) Requirements under IDEA Part B (Reviewed 2019)
- Special Education Fiscal Monitoring (Reviewed 2019)
- Special Education Funding 101 (Reviewed 2019)
- Special Education Allowable Costs (Reviewed 2019)